Specific directives for the leisure and sport sector
The Covid-19 virus has turned our lives upside down and changed our habits. Public health allows leisure, sports and outdoor activities to remain open by ensuring that restrictions are respected according to the level of alert in the region. We’re making sure that we follow the rules in order to entertain young and old safely.
You will understand that some changes had to be made in order to comply with public health guidelines and that some of these changes may slightly or more significantly modify the packages and the experience we offer.
Hope you can understand the situation, here are some of the changes that have been made and what we would expect from you when you participate in our activities.
The quality of our facilities has always been a priority. Here are some additional changes to ensure a safe environment for everyone.
– 20,000CFM ventilation system including 15% fresh air (Note that this change will make the air a little cooler)
– A new, more efficient filter with MERV 10 quality instead of 8, changed every 3 months.
– Tightened water filtration with the addition of more frequent daily tests to ensure an adequate level of chlorine to destroy viruses and bacteria.
– We are operating at 50% capacity (only half wave), because it is impossible to ensure that 2 surfers on the wave always stay 2 meters between them. So we only allow 1 surfer on the wave at a time.
– A steam disinfection machine approved to destroy viruses and bacteria is used to sterilize the changing rooms between each of the groups.
Private packages can always be booked as a “family bubble”. 2m between the participants of the different bubbles must be respected at all times.
– The instructor will stay 2m away as much as possible. Certain techniques have been modified and surfers will have to be autonomous more quickly. The instructors wear the mask and goggles or visor.
– The same procedures to limit contact with other groups will be applied.
– In order to restrict the companions, some of whom have difficulty respecting the 2m (no judgment here, it’s a fact), we now limit to 2 companions per group and there will be a charge of $ 10 pp for the 2nd accompanying person. It is always possible to leave the participants there and go for a tour of the machine for 1 hour 😁
All individual packages have been grouped together to facilitate reservations and limit the number of participants.
– All individual packages can be booked in the same time slot.
– There will be a maximum of 8 participants per booking hour for non-private groups.
– The instructors will be able to demonstrate techniques and give tips to beginners while staying at 2m. Contacts within 2m are reduced to a minimum by modifying our teaching techniques. Instructors wear face mask and visor / goggles.
– The full wave will be used as soon as a participant is in a JAM / Surf freely package
– In order to restrict companions, some of whom have difficulty respecting the 2m (no judgment here, it’s a fact), we now limit to 2 companions per group and there will be a charge of $ 10 pp for companions . It is always possible to leave the participants there and go for a tour of the machine for 1 hour 😁
– If you, your family, a contact or yours is awaiting a test for Covid-19, you cannot enter the surf center.
– You have to wear a mask during check-in, in theory, in the locker room. At all times, except on the wave during the activity.
– During the activity, you must keep 2m away from all other participants / instructors who do not live at the same address as you.
– You must disinfect your hands at each of the disinfection stations installed.
– You must make an online reservation before going to the site
– You must enter the full name and direct telephone number of all participants and accompanying persons in the Covid register
– You must carry all your personal effects with you throughout the trips during the activity
– You must complete the waiver by following the link in the confirmation email before arriving on the site. There is no tablet available on site.
– You must arrive with your swimsuit under your clothes, you will have access to changing rooms and showers only after the activity.
– A maximum of 2 chaperones per group is allowed in order to easily keep 2m between each chaperone.
– We have just reopened (new basin filling) The water is colder than normal, you could wear a tight long-sleeved sweater (“base layer” style for skiing)
– Shorts with a drawstring at the waist
– 2 beach towels (1 on the edge of the wave and 1 to dry off in the changing rooms)
– Flip flops to move around the center
– A plastic bag to bring back your wet clothes
– A bottle of water, because nothing is available on site (no drinks due to bar being closed)
The clothing store is completely closed until January 11. No exceptions. Please don’t forget your swimsuits 😉
The store is now open, but with very little inventory. We have not ordered new products due to not knowing the reopening date.
The restaurant / bar section is completely closed. No take out products are available.